Our client is a global provider of Software Services to the Insurance and Financial Services industries. They have an urgent need for a Java Implementation/ Integration Specialist to join their Sydney team.
One of the features of this role is that it is fairly client facing and will allow the successful candidate to work from home as well as in the office. Ideally they are looking for a Java Implementation consultant who has worked on client sites or with a vendor and strong experience within the Insurance sector.
Implementation/Integration Consultant (Java) Implementation Consultants are responsible for leading the delivery of implementation services to our clients customers. The role is Sydney CBD and home based. Some international travel is required from time to time for periods up to three weeks.
Reports To: General Manager
- Prepare proposals and work orders for customers for conducting a services engagement.
- Perform Business Analysis duties, if required, including:
- Participate in, or undertake, business requirements analysis for new client proposals
- Creation of functional specifications from business requirements
- Perform project management tasks for service projects including taking ownership for: The successful outcome of the project;
- Definition of scope;
- Preparation of the detailed plan;
- Ensuring all project effort is tracked and invoiced to the customer.
- Project Meetings; internal and External
- Participate in, or undertake, within a services project, including taking ownership for:
- Definition of, and build/development of, customer specific interfaces
- Testing of a new installation prior to release as a live product, including the creation of test plans and test cases, and the execution of test cases;
- Installation of client products;
- SQL queries and stored procedures (SQL Server and Oracle)
- Business requirements analysis skills and exposure to formal analysis methods
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Report writing skills
- Understanding business processes, including familiarity with financial accounting or ERP systems (ordering, inventory, service).
- Database design
- Systems Administration (Windows and/or Unix/Linux)
- HTML, XML, Java script, general Web skills
Experience and Qualifications:
- Five years in a mid-sized software company
- Experience in product implementations or consultancy engagements
- Exposure to proposal preparation
- Familiarity with e-commerce business models
- Systems integration experience
- Software testing
- Training preparation and presentation
- Documentation writing
- Comfortable in dealing with customers and colleagues at every level
- Passion for achieving customer satisfaction
If you meet the requirements and are looking for your next challenging role in Sydney, please APPLY NOW with your updated CV. Applicants must be based in Sydney (or willing to relocate at own cost) and have Australian Citizenship or permanent residency.
|Job Category||Developers/Programmers, Information & Communication Technology|