- Essential: IT Sales experience
- Australia Based Candidates Only – Citizens & Permanent Residents only
- Based in Sydney and Melbourne
- Permanent Full-time position
Our client, a well established UK headquartered company who are leading suppliers of digital business solutions to public and private sectors with a client base across the UK, Australia, the EU and New Zealand is currently seeking an experienced IT Sales Executive for their operations in Sydney.
This is a full time, permanent position. You will be working in a home-based capacity but be willing to travel extensively across Australia.
In this role, you will initially make contact with customers over the phone, discussing the company’s product offerings which must then be followed up with in person meetings. Primarily, you will be responsible for generating business opportunities to develop sales from new and existing accounts.
Previous experience in an IT Sales role is essential. You must be capable of understanding the technical features of the product and analyse how these translate into real commercial benefits. Good commercial acumen is needed with a strong ability to see the business case for requiring a system from the end-users point of view.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow up on leads from various events to qualify prospects and secure initial meetings.
- Research, identify and qualify new prospects making appointments to visit potential clients. Qualify customer decision-makers and ensure key members are involved in the demonstrations and meetings
- Develop expertise in demonstrating, presenting and selling all software products within the product suite.
- Prepare customer proposals with assistance from technical team where necessary to present and sell to customers
- Prepare responses to tender documents in a comprehensive, accurate and timely manner.
- Close sales in a professional manner
- Participate in managing various weekly/monthly reports generated for Marketing and Sales analysis
- Keep contact management system up to date and answer correspondences received from clients/prospective customers.
- Participate in corporate events where you could promote the company brand and its products
- Manage and provide guidance/mentoring to junior team members
- Provide accurate reports for Directors on current sales team performance and future prospects
Required Skills and experience:
- Previous demonstrated experience (at least 3 years) in an IT Sales role, selling technical solutions
- You must be a confident, well presented individual who is a good team player and not afraid to ask questions
- Confident in your understanding of the product suite with the ability to engage clients professionally and confidently
- A ‘can-do’ and commercial business oriented attitude
- Strong interest in IT
- Experience of working with local government would be desirable
- Well organised, keeps all customer and other information organised in a manner which is readily accessible
**Good career progression opportunities!!**
This is an opportunity to be part of a company that is undergoing rapid growth and expansion plans in Australia.
If you meet the requirements and are looking for a role that allows you to work within the comfort of your home while also providing you with the opportunity to travel and meet clients across the country, please APPLY NOW with an updated resume (Word format) at the earliest.
You must be based in Australia and have Australian citizenship or permanent residency.